Tuesday, October 28, 2014

SCANS-GRAPEFRUIT

Treatment #25 TDM-1 #8 Sept 29th

My appointment with the doctor and the infusion that followed were uneventful. I truly prefer it that way.


I love grapefruit. One of my fond childhood memories involved eating grapefruit at my grandmother's house in Tampa, Florida. Since I was on a new treatment, I thought that maybe I could once again enjoy this fruit. But, sadly once again I was told I could not eat the fruit or drink its juice. Grapefruit can interact with many drugs - prescription and over-the-counter. Follow this link to find out if any drugs you are taking may be causing your drug to be less effective or even toxic. Always ask your doctor about food interactions with any new treatments.
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/UCM292839.pdf


Scan #2 for TDM-1 October 15th
My scan results still read "No Evidence of Active Metastatic Disease"!  Isn't that fantastic?

Treatment #26 TDM-1 #9 October 20th

My head is still having strange tingling sensations that have moved from the back of my head to my left temple. The back of the head may be the result of a pinched nerve in my neck. My scan showed nothing unusual - thankfully. The tingling sensation at my temple is more concerning. It could mean that there is something compressing the trigeminal nerve inside the skull. This nerve splits into several branches and exits the skull spreading out to the sides of the face. There is one on both sides. There are several causes with one being a tumor that can cause pain or tingling around the eye, cheek, lips and mouth.  My favorite nurse practitioner thought it was worth taking a look at my skull and brain to see if there was any metastasis of breast cancer to the area along this nerve. This of course sent fear through me.

Though efforts were made to have the MRI department fit me into their schedule that day, it was not to be. Instead, it was decided that an MRI would be done in Wilmington. If there was anything found, the scan would be read again by the radiology department at Chapel Hill.

Next post, I will tell you the results.

2 comments:

  1. I love grapefruit too and I really miss it. I get the results of my CAT scan on Halloween and will post the results this weekend. Can't wait for the results of your MRI because I have a feeling that it will be good news. Here's a cheer for us (you and me) that we will beat cancer and live and live and live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan, for posting. As you can see, I don't get a lot of comments on my blog posts, so it is super nice when one appears.
    I will be waiting to hear your good news on Halloween. I do so like the word "live", and I like it even more when there are three of that same word strung together.

    ReplyDelete