Thursday, November 19, 2015

Flipping for Fifty-One

In 1984, I was a cheerleader for the University of NC at Charlotte. That is me in the picture on the right. I loved to flip and perform. I can't flip like I did all those years ago, but I can still remember how it felt; it was awesome. Today I am flipping in my head because I turned 51 years old! Two and 1/2 years ago I didn't think I would make it to 51, but here I am.

Rain fell from the sky, but I didn't care. It was a good day anyway. My daughter and I stayed indoors. We home-schooled, played with her parakeets, and enjoyed our time together.

On the 18th--Wednesday--I finished radiation. I have had occasional pain where the radiation was concentrated at the bottom of my right artificial breast. Overall, radiation was very easy with little to no side-effects--at least so far. On Monday, I will start TDM-1 again. That will be my 41st treatment for stage IV disease and the 24th with TDM-1.

A scan will be done in February. Of course I worry about the length of time I was not treated systemically while having radiation. Despite the worry, I will continue to feel happiness that I get to continue treatment with TDM-1.

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I turned 50 this year during the course of my 7 surgeries. I suppose the cancer and complications distracted me from the number ....
    I am very impressed by the flipping - I always wanted to be able to do that!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy, for the happy birthday message.
      Seven surgeries, good grief! No wonder 50 didn't get the celebration it should have. I hope you are now on the road to recovery and 51 finds you without any additional surgeries.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday (a little late! I am behind on reading my RSS reader). :)

    ReplyDelete