Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My October Surprise

Yesterday, after a night filled with anxiety not offering much sleep, I pulled myself out of bed, got ready, and headed for Chapel Hill. For reasons no one I asked at the hospital could explain, all of my appointments flew by with only a minimum amount of waiting, so unusual.

After my CT scan -- yes it was THAT kind of day -- I couldn't stop my tears. All my fears were surfacing. All I could think about was: there is no way my scan could be good; my luck surely was coming to an end.

Well . . .

As unbelievable as it may seem to me, my scan was clean. Nothing new to see!

As I type this, I still can't believe it. For another four months I can put that monster into its closet and hope it suffocates. I am free today to live my life. Today, I am one happy cancer patient!

 

4 comments:

  1. I saw the title of the post and got worried for a minute.
    I'm really glad to hear that your scans continue to come out clean. May your good fortune continue!
    I'm having a miserable time with the side effects of the lovely AI's. Tendinitis in both hips, both elbows, and 3 torn tendons in my right shoulder. As my oncologist put it yesterday: "boy, it's doing a real job on you." Thanks doc. Cancer - the gift that keeps on giving.
    On the bright side, I'm going to Baltimore tomorrow to get 3-D tattoos by Vinnie Myers. It will be nice to (hopefully) feel like less of a freak.

    Cathy S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, good to see your comment today! Thank you.
      Please let me know how your 3-D tattoos turn out. After my breast reconstruction in 2005, I decided no tattoos. At that time,I was ready for my chest to be left alone. I hope your experience in Baltimore is a great one and gets you to feeling less like a freak.
      Wow, you really are getting a number done on you by the side-effects. I hope those aches and pains calm down and that the 3 torn tendons in your shoulder heal.
      Have a safe trip.

      Delete
  2. I'm a little late reading this one and I too was worried when I saw the 2nd paragraph. So glad your scan came back good. I'm having a scan on the 30th of November and also a bone scan. I've been have a lot of pain on the right side of my body and they want to rule out cancer. I'm hoping for good results on both scans. Take care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good scans continue to amaze me and thrill me as well. I will be be checking on you after Nov 30th and hoping your scans bring you the best possible news.

    ReplyDelete